ICED COFFEE RECIPES TO COOL DOWN WITH
These iced coffee recipes are easy and will cool you down in no time. We love collaborating while sipping coffee and although Starbucks is always a fun excursion, we prefer to save our money for gadgets.
Having a Starbucks on practically every street corner makes it too easy to grab one. But all these stops for talls, grandes and ventis can really add up. Why not try making your own iced coffee? It’s easy, will save you money and it will cool you down. How refreshing is that?
FRAPPE: A GREEK STAPLE
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee like Nescafé, preferably the Greek version
- 2-3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- In a cup, jar or shaker with a tight lid, combine sugar, instant coffee, enough water to come about 1” up the side of your container and a couple of ice cubes. Tighten the lid and shake quickly for at 30 seconds or more to get the mixture frothy.
- Pour the frothy coffee, along with the ice cubes, into a tall glass filled about halfway up with more ice. Top with as much milk as you like and finish off with cold water. Serve with a spoon to mix in any undissolved sugar.
- 1/4 cup chilled strong coffee
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
- Combine coffee, ice cubes, milk, ice cream and chocolate syrup into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large glass and garnish with whipped cream.
BLENDED VANILLA MOCHA
SWEET CINNAMON ICED COFFEE
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup coarsely ground dark roast coffee
- 2 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 2-3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk, to taste
- Using your microwave or stove, heat water until it boils, then remove it from the heat and allow to cool for one minute.
- Meanwhile, place the coffee in the cylinder of a French press along with the cinnamon sticks [ place the cinnamon flat so that you can easily use the plunger later ]. Pour the hot water over the grounds and stir the mixture for a little bit. Place the lid on the French press, leaving the plunger in its upper position. Allow to steep for 4 minutes.
- Once brewing is complete, slowly move the plunger to its lower position and pour the coffee into a coffee cup or glass. Add in 2-3 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk and stir until it is fully dissolved. Pour the mixture into cup or glass that has been filled with ice. Enjoy!